Fixing a chip in your windshield is important because it can prevent the damage from spreading and causing more serious problems. Here are the steps you can follow to fix a chip in your windshield:
- Clean the area around the chip with a mild detergent and water.
- Dry the area completely with a clean cloth.
- Apply a small amount of clear nail polish or windshield repair resin to the chip. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package carefully.
- Use a toothpick or similar tool to gently spread the resin over the entire area of the chip.
- Allow the resin to dry completely, usually for at least an hour or two.
- Once the resin has dried, use a razor blade or sharp knife to carefully remove any excess resin from the surface of the windshield.
- Polish the area with a soft cloth to restore the clarity of the windshield.
It’s important to note that fixing a chip in your windshield is a temporary solution and may not prevent further damage. If the chip is larger than a quarter or is in the driver’s line of sight, it’s best to have the windshield replaced by a professional.